Monday, March 11, 2013

new people, new countries, new perspectives..

I wonder how over-rated the whole Eurotrip thingie is.. The travel part makes sense to me, so does experiencing new cultures, getting to know new people and their cuisines. But what I am totally not in favor of, is this whole 'covering' places business. No one talks about experiencing a place anymore. The only thing that seems to matter is the picture perfect backgrounds on their FB profiles. That's sad.

I've got just a couple of weeks more for my Easter holidays and I'm looking forward to some serious travelling.. not covering. I'm still unclear about the specifics and it's worrying the attention-to-detail control freak in me.

In other news, I made some awesome friends, and I'm amazed at the way they think, the way they understand life and the world, their dreams, hopes and plans for future. They are barely 20 and from countries I've only heard of. This, is what I call an enriching experience.

Also, the coolest Indian I have met here invited me over for a home cooked dinner, which turned out to be a feast! God bless the soul. Someone youtubes to make me the Kerala parotta. Touched.

No comments:

Post a Comment