Saturday, January 9, 2010

mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most idiotic of them all?

Lean Mean Khan uncle loves to go to college. He fights against his age, with the help of goaties and other yuppie jazz which can be broadly classified under 'brilliant make-up', but makes sure he does his college student act, every other year. He calls it, "being young at heart".
Lean Mean Khan uncle hates to give credit . "Only cash, no credit." is his motto.
Lean Mean Khan uncle never did an MBA from the IIMs. But he knows enough about strategy, planning and marketing to start his own Business School.
Lean Mean Khan uncle likes all the thunder. He would'nt let a soul steal his thunder from under his nose.

Chhota Chetan loves to write movie scripts and get them bound into books, the kind Bollywood finds inspirational, that is. Good for him.
Chhota Chetan bunked his classes at IIM when they taught him all about business legal documents.
Chhota Chetan likes to do innovative advertising, and believes in "controversy sells (books)".
Chhota Chetan wanted some thunder too, but again, they didn't teach him about thunders at IIM. So, he took tutions from Rakhi Sawant aunty.
Rakhi Sawant aunty is threatening Chhota Chetan that she'll go to the media as he did not give her rolling credits for his 'inspired' performance esp the "My Mummy cried" et al. She is hurt that Chhota Chetan closed his act with a 'sorry' to Lean Mean Khan Uncle, but no 'thankyous' to her. How mean!

Big Ba(l)d Chopra uncle has called in sick. He's caught a bad bout of 'shut-up-o-mania'. Somebody please send him flowers. He says he wouldn't mind tomatoes and eggs either. He likes to have omlettes for breakfast. Anybody listening?

The 3 of them were last found laughing and singing "heehee ulloo banaya sabko!" and dancing their way to their banks.

No prizes for guessing who the real idiots are!

Happy movie watching, peeps! :)

update: I watched the movie yesterday. Some of the bollywood hits are beyond any logic, I say.. just like most other things in this world. Sigh!
The gross delivery scene had me screaming "Whaat eej eet?" for their every "Aaall ees well"s. WTF was that? A vacuum cleaner improvisation of Salaam Namaste?
My vote is for the book. Though I feel the book and the movie are of totally different leagues altogether. And they taught us at school that apples can't be compared to oranges.
Btw, I must say the Chatur version of Venkat was quite a killer. He got me howling, alright! :D
Wondering aloud: Why are Raju Hirani movies so friggin' preachy, all the time? Mebbe it works, for he serves it with a pinch of humor.. err salt.. and.. whatever his trademark formula is.. Good for him!

13 comments:

  1. LOL! :DDD
    Loved it!
    Good to see you back girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe..but this time i guess the Furious Chopra stole a lot of thunder from LMK ! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too watched the movie today n liked it :) But it's totally diff from the book tho the underlying theme n many of the scenes r from the book. They adapted it for Bollywood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Usha,
    I think none of them are idiots.. one guy keeps asking "Why are you commenting on the movie; have u read the book? have u read the bookk???" another guys keeps saying "They have copied my book; have u seen the movie? have u seen the moviee???" They are brilliantly publicizing each other work!! :-D hence, i have decided to buy a pirated version of the book and watch a pirated copy of the movie, so that i wont end up being an idiot in this whole drama :-D just kidding..
    I say that is a brilliant analysis of the people involved in your blog.. looks like u have watched Sherlock Holmes recently :-D

    -Sundar (Sunitha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @cris: :) :) :)

    @mathew: yeah, ryt?! mean mean chopra..

    @santosh: I'm flattered! :)

    @dhanya: uyyo!! such a pleasure to have your 'visesh tippani' on movies here! I was skeptical about ever seeing this day.. finally, the day has arrived.. sniff sniff..

    @sundar: hehe.. I did ekjactly that! yo!
    abt the sherlock holmes one.. let's just say that I couldn't get my hands on a pirated ver of that yet! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have nicely written this piece. Even I felt like asking "who're the real idiots?" LOL...

    I did not read the book. May be that's why I have enjoyed the movie to some extent. Still I cannot take that delivery act. Highly idiotic...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. hilarious :) - though i am a huge fan of lean mean khan uncle!

    am yet to watch the movies ... all shows are booked it seems :) so many idiots are not allowing me to be one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @sundar: yeah, ryt?! t'was really gross! :/

    @sandeep: even I WAS a fan of his long back during my tween days, that is! :)

    @indranee: Thanks for stopping by to read through the posts! :)

    @aruna: danks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked khan uncle for a change :D

    and I can't stand CB nor did I think much of the on screen idiots but I must agree, chatur had me laughing till I had tears in my eyes :D

    ReplyDelete