Saturday, December 26, 2009

ghatni hi thi yeh bhi ghatna...

...ghatte ghatte, lo yeh ghat gayi.

Good riddance!

Ah, no.. like the rest of the world, I'm not going to bore you to death with a round-up of the year. Because you see, that's too passe for my taste. Not to mention how uncool it is. :P
Ok, lemme be honest and confess that there were hardly any acheivements for me to be immensely proud of 2009, other than the fact that I learned to swim (which is quite some acheivement for a pseudo-hydrophobic like me. yippie!) and the fact that I got myself to read quite a handful of my must-read-before-I-die list of books (ah, now I can die in peace.. Aren't you envious of me? Please say so, no?).

Susan Miller of Astrologyzone said it best when she prophesised about the luckiest day of 2009 for me. That was my last day at work. And yeah, I wouldn't dare contest her prediction, which leaves the rest of my year to your imagination.

One of the most exciting events of the year happened a couple of weeks back, in a weak moment of over-enthusiastic toothbrushing. To make the boringly sad story short, I hurt myself as bad as you can possibly hurt your mouth with a toothbrush. And then went on and bit myself on the insides of my cheeks, as bad as you can possibly bite into your own flesh. Lived off one pathetic week on a banana diet. And as I was munching on tandoori chicken to satiate the mother of all apetites the week after, I thought there couldn't have been a more apt closing ceremony for my 2009.

Or so I thought, until last week when I launched myself into a projectile in a half hearted attempt to propel myself into the outer space, and depressingly landed on all fours, in the middle of a freaking road while trying to cross it running for my life before the signals change their mind. I'm still nursing the bruises while chanting one of my fave lines from jab we met : 'please babaji.. ab toh hadd paar ho chuki hai. ab is saal mein aur koi excitement mat dena. boring banaa do ji ab is saal ko. please'

So while 2009 is busy wrapping up, I'm more than happy that the ill witted bitch is finally gone for good. And I'm hoping that 2010 better be good enough to make up for it.

Here's wishing all you peeps a lovelier and happier 2010.
Be nice, stay cool, and make the most of life! muahs!

10 comments:

  1. oh god. I seriously hope 2010 is less dangerous sounding if nothing else :P

    Happy 2010 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish u a gr8 2010 ... may the year be so good that u end up writing a year roundup on dec 31st 2010 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah ! honestly envious about the book list that you devoured yaar ! do share the list !!!

    And sorry but ROFL for the tooth brush accident :o) :o) and god will surely punish me for th is, i laughed out so loud on ur misery.. but yeah.... what the heck LOL !!!!

    Wish you a very happy and joyous 2010 too !

    Cheers !
    Santosh

    PS : Dont give up on Susan Miller too :o) You never know 2010 maybe her year !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah finally! It sure took you long to dot some lines here! But yeah I too wasnt somehow fond of 2009. Dont want it to be in my list of years to remember though a few nice things did happen. Ah anyway, happy new year girl! Blog more this year!
    (Hope your teeth are doin fine?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Usha,
    This is Sundar (Sunitha) here.
    Why were you running to cross the road?? Bangalore motorists are very considerate and would always like to give way to such good looking girl rather than to speed up :-) So, next time take your time to cross the road :-) ha ha
    Wishing you a great year ahead!!
    Keep blogging
    -Sundar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey... I hope you are ok now... Btw, I started my new year with a fall though it wasnt even half as s nasty as all your trouble roll!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @all: Thanks for your wishes, all lovely peopleses! :)
    Guess what, my new year started with a bang bang boom! literally.. in my tummy that is.. Im still dealing with the after effects of a green chilli overdose.. :/
    The nooo year has a twisted sense of humor, it seems. Well, so do I. This is going to be fun! Cheers again to 2010!

    @santosh: dude, knowing you, I would've been really worried for you had you not LOL-ed at that! :D

    @crisgirl: one more same pinch, that calls for? :) hope we get to do the same pinch thingie for a fantabulous 2010! this could be our year! :)

    @sundar: did you just say "good looking girl".. well well those 3 words strung together makes a real kind complement n all that! dankes dankes.. keep up the good work, I say.. I'll get you more chocs for misleading my reader-folks! :D

    @shweta: look who's here! welcome back, girl! :) and hey, you too please do take care! n yeah, do keep coming back. guess what, I'm planning to BLOG this year.. teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Think I missed this post somehow.. Happy New Year tho belated :)
    Even for me 2009 was one of the worst years.. Something that I would like to delete from my life.. Let's hope 2010 will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Song Title: "Stand"
    Hear @ URL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3MxZcls24o

    a song about making your stand in life.

    ReplyDelete