Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Time is precious. Yeah, right!

People love to advice. Unsolicited, more the fun. You know, most of us are such unconditional givers when it comes to advice. "I can give you 101 of them. Truly, from the bottom of my heart, without expecting even one from you in return. No really. Actually, I'd be offended if you try to help me the same way."

I was given a fantastic piece of advice by an old acquaintance the other day. He called me up after some well meaning friend had forwarded my resume to this mutual acquaintance/once-upon-a-time-colleague.

He: "Oh.. you are out of job-aa? So sad, ya. You don't worry, ok?
The job market is so bad ya. So many people are jobless now, no? You don't worry, ok?

But I'm surprised ya. After you left your job at Q, you were working for the same company for more than 3 years -aa? Why, ya? That was stupid. You don't worry, ok?

Such a big brand you were working for, ya. Now see, you are jobless. You don't worry, ok?

Now what ya? Why not get married, eh? You see, it is so difficult to get leave for marriage and all, ya. You are lucky, no? You don't have to worry about leave only. Get married, no?"

Me: "Oh, what to tell you, ya.. I have a queue of 10 people waiting outside my door to marry me, ya. I'm busy making my choice, ya."

He: "Oh-ho.. like that, aa? I understand, ya. But you see, Time is Precious, ya."

I couldn't have been more thankful to him for not suggesting something like me getting pregnant or something. Imagine. "What ya? You could have got a live and kicking baby in one more month's time, ya. You don't even have to worry about maternity leave and all. Time is precious, ya."

Yeah, right!

10 comments:

  1. Haha! My latest post is a less funny version of the same idea :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. How come I'm all r into advising mode these days. Even I'm getting many related to marriage of late!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. u'll get ur chances to return some advices .... all the very best for that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hee.hee..

    catch some 'bakra' and return the 'sermon'....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ki: too many sadists around, you bet! :D

    @santosh: :)

    @test: i guess they're finding it a good time-pass. :)

    @sandeep: wow!! i like that wish. thanks! :) if only i were a li'l sadistic like them. sigh..
    I'm sure I'd pass that chance n be nice to them all n come crib in here again. :P

    @sundar: advice again! how nice! :P
    btw, the post wasn't meant to sound funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now what ya? Why not get married, eh? You see, it is so difficult to get leave for marriage and all, ya. You are lucky, no? You don't have to worry about leave only. Get married, no?"


    LOL :) That's precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol:) abt marriage leave and maternity leave.

    ReplyDelete