Monday, November 17, 2008

*beep beep* new stress buster identified

Quite a freaky Friday, this was.
Recession induced paranoia seems to have gotten the worse of a teammie who goofed up something and found the perfect scapegoat in me, to put the blame on.
Me thanking my lucky stars to have had the controversial discussion recorded in e-mail, managed to save my skin.
Pretty neat.
But that did leave me quite irritated and angry.

And to add to that, I had to make rotis for dinner. 'All that happens, happens for the good', they say. Thanks to my roti making task, I bumped into an awesome stress buster technique.

Knead the dough: Hit it, pull it, tear it :relieves 90% of the stress.
Roll it on the rolling pin : the remaining 10% evaporates.
Don't believe me? Try it the next time you are angry. And the added advantage is that you get super soft rotis to hog on, after your destressing ritual. How nice!

Now I know the secret behind all those Maa ke haath ka khana made with a whole lot of pyar.
So, this must've been a well guarded secret among the womenfolk who always managed to keep their cool and maintained that divine smile while rolling out rotis after rotis to the whole household.
Little does everyone know that the secret ingredient may not necessarily be pyar

I'm back at work today, with a divine smile to my backstabbers (ok, make that a smirk) , and all that. But no, I'm not sharing my super soft rotis with them anyways. :|

-----------------------------------------------------

In other news: Celebrated Children's day with a trip to the nearby zoo, with my Sis. No better way to becoming a child again than teaming up with a sibling and doing something which we've done as kids. We drove all the way to Bannerghatta National park, loaded with lots of munchies and a fruit juice can. Full on picnic, it was. Had fun. Though it wasn't all that nice to see some sad faces in their cages. And the safari was, well.. umm.. nice.
Hope you too had a happy happy Children's Day! :)


Made with Slideshow Embed Tool

12 comments:

  1. nice to see an update.. I thought u almost forgot this place:)


    yeah, that is a good stress buster.. you can beat up as much as you want... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. if there is one thing i hate to do in kitchen ins kneading the dough..now i know how ..oh swaminiji!!:-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! It really worked? Next time Mom gives 'em lovely rotis I will know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool Stuff.

    Was missing your posts. Good to know that you have not forgotten the URL.

    Its really super cool to close to being a child again. Glad you had some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I've heard of counting techniques to beat anger.. Roti is new :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww who is that loser (@#$%&) who backstabbed you..lesson learnt never delete your emails :D
    Thanks to you now I know the secret of my super soft rotis..never realised this before!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is always a kid within us wanting to come out but we only stop.
    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  8. @xh: true! i quite never realised the violent streak in me! :P

    @mathew: even I used to. Now I know that there's a 'time' to do that, when you'd really enjoy doing it :D

    @cris: when Mummy called up that day, I said 'psst psst.. i know your li'l secret now!' :P

    @ferox: thanks! :) it sure was!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @dhanya: :) new to me too! same pinch!! :D

    @seema: they say, 'a friend in need is a friend indeed'. does that make e-mails my best friends? :P
    yeah, now I know the most effective time to make rotis too.
    Infact, mebbe I should go thank my backstabber for being a reason for this realisation!! :))

    @hobo: yes. :) i'll try b be kinder to that kid next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a constructive way releasing the stress
    like this women can list lot of tips....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey ! Welcome Back :o)

    so what does it mean, softer the rotis... the more the dough was used as stress buster eh ?? :P

    So next time wifey makes softer rotis... i guess i can ask... hey rotis are soft today... hope all was well at office today nai ?? :)

    Cheers!
    Santosh

    ReplyDelete
  12. "Little does everyone know that the secret ingredient may not necessarily be pyar"

    Oh! you are so right..
    we are three men in the family (dad, bro and myself) and she cooks for us.
    No wonder her food tastes so good.
    It has so much "garam masala" :D

    ReplyDelete