Thursday, June 21, 2007

of lines & curves, and lefts & rights

You Are 45% Left Brained, 55% Right Brained

The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.
Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.
If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.
Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

The right side of your brain is all about creativity and flexibility.
Daring and intuitive, right brained people see the world in their unique way.
If you're right brained, you likely have a talent for creative writing and art.
Your right brain prefers day dreaming, philosophy, and sports.


donno wot's happpening to me.. wonder since when did I start taking a liking for straight lines? :/

I always used to scribble something or the other in my notebooks while attending lectures during school n college.. (no!! um not talking about lecture notes, silly! )
I draw weird interlinking patterns.. the only striking thing about these patterns is that there wont be any straight lines.. it's always curves.. all the way! mebbe some cirlces here and there to make up for the voids in b/w..

n now at work, whenever I find myself being a passive listener during some con-calls (the ones for which I dial-in from my desk), I immediately get on with my business of scribbling stuff on to my notepad.. now weirdly enough, of late I find myself making patterns using straight lines. they dont interlink. there's a starting point and an ending point for every line. no intersections. n there's an affinity towards parallel lines. horizontal, vertical, slants at 30/45/60 degrees.. um clueless as to wots happening with my right brain??!
mebbe it's getting heavily influenced by it's left counterpart?! mebbe it's growing crazy? mebbe it is 'evolving'? :o
mebbe I should just let it be, grab a mug of lemon tea, and get back to work!

ps: hey, I just took up one silly online test to see wot's going on.. it tells me I'm a 55% right brainer. but me was a 70% right brainer, sometime back!!

mebbe I should be happy about the 15% performance improvement of my left brain!?

aargh!! me thinks me's totally losing it?! :X
yikes! I seriously need that mug of lemon tea! bye for now!

6 comments:

  1. lemon tea?
    yikes©©
    the lemon tea at my offce tastes like super sweet cough syrup.
    now i dont want to go to office.
    how canyou do this to me on a monday morning?!!

    :((

    ReplyDelete
  2. @gauri: hey gauri.. long time since i got 2 c u arnd in here! hope u're doing gud! :)

    @bala: yeah.. u said it.. me's always had a weakness for cough syrups!
    btw, u just reminded me of a dear frnd of mine, who just had a sip of my fav tea once, n said: "bhagwaaan, kaise kaise ajeeb tastes hote hain, logon ki!" n had to have a masala dosa n cappuccino to wash it all down! :D
    hope u have a gud week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. KNOW WHAT?
    I've started an online radio thingie at my place.
    I want you to go check that out.
    I'm going to have regular shows running if this works out well.
    I'm online most of the night waiting for replies to emails and stuff, so this way, i'll be doing something.
    tell me how i'm doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Usha for visiting my pages.
    On your affinity to straight line - well i feel that it goes against your thought of the day :)May be improvement in the left brain more associated with arithmetic hs finally found that the shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line !
    Regards
    Sanjay

    ReplyDelete
  5. @bala: sounds pretty cool 2 me! way 2 go, boy!! :)
    (do check ur mail 4 more on wot me thinks of it.)

    @sanjay: ah, u just reminded me of those 'shortest path analysis' problems! bet i was bad at those then! :D
    thnx 4 dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete